From Monday October 16th to Wednesday October 18th, we are inviting various speakers and experts to address our students during school hours (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) on various aspects of health, fitness and wellbeing either in the classroom or during a gym class.
On Thursday evening, October 19th 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. we will be hosting a “Family Fitness Night” where children, students, parents and community members come to the school to participate in various activities and presentations.
This will culminate with the students (PreK-8) participating in the Walkathon on Friday, October 20th during school hours (9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.).
This fundraiser is an opportunity for students to request donations from friends, neighbors and other family members and for the children to have a fun day as well. Profits from this event will go to support the 2017-2018 FoP Play on Pritzker campaign.
Walkathon Event Details:
- On October 20th the students will walk a predetermined route around the school. Volunteers and teachers will be supervising them.
- Please wear Pritzker gear or wear school colors of gold and/or maroon to show our Pritzker Spirit!
- Please bring your own water bottle.
- No open toed shoes or flip flops will be allowed.
How can my student participate?
- Individual pledges can be of any amount from $1.00 upwards.
- Students can register on FunRun.com, search “Pritzker”, and register to create their very own webpage to help fundraise (a $2 transaction fee will be added to credit card donations online).
- OR you can record your pledges on the Pritzker Walkathon Paper Based Pledge Form. The pledges collected are flat donations.
- If you collect cash donations, please keep the cash and in exchange write a personal check or money order to Friends of A. N. Pritzker (memo: Walkathon).
- All monies and pledge forms are due to your classroom teacher by Friday, October 20th, 2016.
Prizes – You can qualify for all the prizes up to the highest amount you pledged and collected
- The grade level (all 3 classrooms combined; options and fine arts magnet) to achieve 100% participation first will win a Papa John’s pizza party for their winter break celebrations.
- The grade level (all 3 classrooms combined; options and fine arts magnet) with the highest amount raised by October 20th, all their students will receive a voucher for a free personal pan pizza from Lou Malnatis.
- The 2 classrooms to raise the most money by October 20th will win a free field trip to Green City Market’s Lincoln Park Farmer’s Market, Edible Garden and Farm at the Zoo!
- All classrooms with 100% participation by October 20th, can win extra recess.
- All students who sign up 5 or more pledges will receive a paw buck.
- All students who raise $10.00 or more in donations by October 20th will receive a 1 week, all access guest pass to the Chicago Athletic Clubs that includes all club access for up to 2 adults, and access to their Family Swim and Family Climb times on the weekend, for up to 2 adults and 3 children.
- We love our teachers! All classes who have 100% participation by October 20th will win their homeroom teacher a month’s, all access guest pass to the Chicago Athletic Clubs that includes all club access for up to 2 adults, and access to their Family Swim and Family Climb times on the weekend, for up to 2 adults and 3 children.
- All students who raise $50.00 or more in donations by October 20th are entered into a raffle to receive a Five Visit Punch Pass to Pump It Up! ($60.00 value).
- All students who raise $100.00 or more in donations by October 20th are entered into a raffle to receive a certificate for one-month unlimited yoga for adults from Core Power Yoga! ($200.00 value).
- All students who raise $250.00 or more in donations by October 20th are entered into a raffle to be the principal for a day.
Parents, grandparents, family and friends are encouraged to come, cheer and also volunteer. We need volunteers for both family fitness night and Walkathon, if you have any time to spare, please sign up. Help us make these events successful.
Thank you in advance for your generosity.